Monday, October 3, 2011

"October...and the trees are stripped bare..."



Yeah, this is the song I was thinking of when I wrote the blog title.

Old school moment. I have those sometimes. Ok, a LOT.

The trees are getting kinda bare...the leaves are all over my yard. The weather is getting cooler. I think I mentioned this in the last post.


October is an interesting month for me. Always has been...
and not just because of my birthday.
I'd say it's because of the season change but I've only been in GA for 6 yrs and there were really no season changes in FL. I guess because it's a Libra month? Libra, ruled by Venus, an Air sign, polar opposite to Aries, part of the Cardinal quadriplicity...would you be impressed if I told you that I didn't need to look that up?! Once upon a time I studied Astrology-namely my own sign and my own quadriplicity-like it was going out of style. I had a book that talked about nothing but the Cardinal signs. It was fascinating...to me. There was a point in my life where I was amazed that everyone around me was "in my quadriplicity". ?? Kooky, huh...
 Am I drifting again? Oops! <gasp>

Lots of birthdays this month. I have an Uncle whose birthday is tomorrow, a cousin whose birthday is on Halloween and a few other people I can't think of at the moment (besides mine...). The most important birthday is coming up next week. Grandpa would have been 83. Would he have been happy to turn 83? Only he knows...he didn't look fwd to birthdays after I grew up as far as I could tell. If he were healthy I think he'd have been happy. Obviously the circumstances say otherwise. It's hard to imagine that the guy that was larger than life to me when I was a kid would ever be 83 let alone 65. Somehow I need to celebrate his birthday when it arrives. It's gonna be hard, but I have to do it.
Grandpa loved visiting Arizona...enjoyed all the different cactus.

No comments:

Post a Comment